In each row are two sets of fractions with common denominators. When you add each pair (with the same denominator) they will simplify to the same fraction
- Grade 7 Number Sense & Numeration
- Grade 8 Number Sense & Numeration (review)
- Fraction Cards Prep work: Cut the cards out. Note that there are 8 rows of fractions. Remove sets according to how many students you have.
- Bag or Bin to put cards in
- Choose a fraction and find your partner (the person who has the same common denominator). Introduce yourself. He or she is your team member.
- Add your fractions and simplify the answer.
- Find the other team with the same simplified fraction. Introduce yourselves. This is your group of four
- None yet
Did you use this activity? Do you have a way to make it better? If so tell us in the comment section. Thanks